Pretty Books

I haven't read any books in ages. Part of the reason is that there is such a wealth of information available online coupled with beautiful images. As a result, it is difficult to engross yourself in a book with what seems like endless pages of text... There are just too many distractions. For example I think to myself, Oh I must look up how to make the perfect flower arrangement... so online I go... click, click and next thing I  know  I'm on Pinterest.  This leads to other websites, blogs, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc, etc.  It just keeps going on and on until I can't remember what I was actually going online for in the first place. You know what I mean... Has it happened to you too? And then I never get round to that book that is sitting on my bedside table for over two weeks just gathering dust.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that reading books is important for developing our concentration skills, understanding, imagination, memory and creativity. I feel that this is something younger generations may be missing out on. The sense of discovery in a new book is great and the sense of satisfaction and completion when you reach those last pages.

I have so many books, I have a small library room upstairs in my house and I only have my favourite books downstairs. Lately I am drawn to books with lots of beautiful illustrations and photographs. One of which is this fabulous book Homespun Style by Selina Lake which takes pride of place on my dresser. It's an interior design book which couples both my love of books and interior design...  Have a look at the beautiful photograph and if you would like to find out visit here.




1 comments:

  1. Ooh the designs are so pretty and colorful! They have a nice interior design ideas here. Great post! :)

    Let's be friends!
    trulyfionaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment, I do love receiving comments :)

Pages

Popular Posts